Sunday, December 4, 2011

'allegations' of sexual misconduct drives Herman Cain out of 2012 Republican race

'false allegations' of sexual misconduct drives Herman Cain out of 2012 Republican race

"I am proof that a common man could lead this nation," he said "I consider myself to be one of you, not one of the political elites. "But as false accusations about me continue they have sidetracked and distracted my ability to present solutions to the American people."

He confirmed: "As of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign, because of the continued distraction, the continued hurt caused on me and my family."

With these words, Herman Cain, 67, the former pizza executive announced that he has abandoned his White House ambitions after a string of "false accusations" of sexual misconduct.

He announced his decision when he arrived at the opening of a new campaign headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, holding hands with Gloria, his wife of 43 years.


Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

  • Read this blog in another language